What if playtherapy isn’t enough to help the child?
A child can get stuck in playtherapy for various reasons. When playtherapy fails to provide relief for child it could be that the child is preoccupied with some other life task. Then the Kindertolk method can be an extra help to benefit the child in his development in playtherapy.
A Kindertolk consultation is indicated for a wide range of problems with children and can be beneficial in a great many situations.
For example: behavior problems or problems in communication between parents and children, physical complaints or developmental or learning problems in children. It has been shown that a Kindertolk session can often help children through their parents / guardians.
Consider consulting in the Kindertolk method in, for example, the following instances:
- When your child has to deal with some of the following problems:
- Anger and aggression
- Bullying / harassment
- Excessive daydreaming
- Excessive crying
- Frequent quarrels/fights
- Delayed toilet training, constipation
- Unhealthy eating, sleep or growth patterns
Benefits to using the Kindertolk method
There are number of advantages to a Kindertolk session:
- During the Kindertolk sessions your child need not be present, yet can nevertheless be helped through you. Your child can continue with his normal playtherapy sessions.
- It is suitable for children of all ages
- Both you and your child will benefit from the treatment
- The treatments are short, (usually 3 sessions) often have long-lasting results and very little chance of relapse.
- Kindertolk sessions benefit the child in his development in playtherapy and will usually help the child to resolve his problems during playtherapy. Therefor the child will be able to move forward in his therapy.